Why Food Trucks are a Great Addition to Hotel Offerings
Food trucks and trailers are everywhere and have gained a lot of popularity among business owners and managers during the last 2 years in the midst of the current Covid-19 pandemic struggles. One of the key and currently crucial benefits is that you can use a trailer as an outdoor solution and trade all year around. There are also many further reasons why a food truck makes a great addition to hotel offerings and they’re not all pandemic related!
In this article we will bring you through reasons why a food truck or an airstream trailer is a great long-term investment for the hospitality sector.
11 Reasons to own a food truck in the hospitality sector
- As a luxury hotel you need to make sure that your menu is always the same and that your guests can always expect the best, highest standard of food. You need to keep the menu the same at all times to ensure your loyal customers always come back at your doors. Also you may have some specialty dishes you are known for that attract visitors to your restaurant. With a catering unit, you will be able to expand on your current menu, as well as be more experimental. In a food truck you can include more casual meals that will also appeal to children visiting with their parents. Some of our clients also use their trailers to expand their kitchen capacities to be able to always meet high volume of production for their busy hotels.
- Many hotels offer wedding catering services to their guests. With an airstream trailer you can offer a beautiful looking prosecco bar to your customers as well as serve warm gourmet dishes. Airstream trailers look elegant and make a perfect backdrop for wedding photography. Catering services can also be extended to corporate parties.
- A mobile unit serves as another stream of income as it allows for tapping into the local community coffee market. Many clients of ours park their trailer at their front gate and serve meals and beverages to their local community. People love to walk around gorgeous hotel locations and will come back for sure if they like what’s on the menu. You can include a wide variety of products such as coffees, teas, muffins and croissants as well as more filling options like sandwiches, wraps or burgers that people can enjoy on the go.
4. With a catering trailer you can promote your hotel in different parts of the country! Bring your truck to a food market or rent a spot in a pubs/ restaurants parking lot and serve meals from your hotel menu. Run a competition on social media to get your hotel trending, eg. ‘The best photo competition’ in which the winner gets a discount to stay at your hotel. You can also take part in charitable events with your mobile unit and raise awareness for your brand. You can also take part in big, local events such as Christmas markets, Halloween events and many more.
5. People love street food! Your hotel guests will be delighted with an option to get something different during their little get away! There is something about the experience getting a little cup of coffee from a bespoke catering unit. Also people love walking around gorgeous hotel grounds so it will be handy for them to have a food trailer within close proximity.
6. An eye-catching food truck design can help your brand trend on social media. People love taking photos of and in front of aesthetically pleasing trailers. You can be sure that a cool design will not go unnoticed and will be shared by your visitors on social platforms. Also nice and vibrant snaps make lovely memories and increase a chance of feelings of nostalgia to attract your visitors back to your hotel.
7. With a catering unit you can further utilise your outdoor dining capabilities. Simply put out chairs and tables near your catering unit and create a fabulous looking eatyard in your front or back area! This will give you another chance to increase your streams of income by attracting the local community to the outdoor seating area. Also with the current restrictions for indoor dining you will rest assured that you will not miss out on your unvaccinated target audience.
8. A food truck is a multifunctional unit and you can change its use depending on season. For example you can focus on ice cream and cold beverages in summer months and change your menu to hot coffees and treats during winter.
9. Food trucks are very cost effective and economical to run. You only need limited staff to run it for you. You don’t need to put much hotel resources into the unit.
10. A food trailer will help you stand out from the competition as your hotel will have an extra service and provide a pleasant experience for your guests.
11. Food trucks are relatively cheap and guarantee a high return on investment. Read on to see a testimonial from our client IncheyDoney Lodge and Spa and how successful they were with their catering trailer!
Incheydoney Lodge and Spa
This 4 star hotel serves pizzas, coffees, ice cream and much more! See the testimonial below!🙂
‘We have been operating as a 4 star hotel on the coast in West Cork for many years and have been looking at an option to give us another Food and Beverage outlet to complement our existing offerings. We tried a few temporary solutions with limited success. In January 2020 we ordered an Airstream catering trailer from Reward Catering, which despite pandemic disruption was delivered on time in early Summer. With it we are able to consistently deliver a high quality product at high capacity. It looks great and has repaid its capital cost very quickly. It’s been a great addition and we’re delighted with it.
The Airstream trailer is a proper professional unit which will last the test of time (it’s still looking great) and the delivery and aftersales from Reward Catering have been great.’
Des O’Dowd – hotel owner
Our client requested this custom made vintage van and now serves delicious gourmet sandwiches, sweet treats and specialty coffees to take away. The Vintage Van cafe is open 7 days a week and is another great stream of cash flow. The local Cork community absolutely loves this vintage look!
Polly’s Food truck is a great addition to current hotel offerings. This airstream trailer includes a custom built-in oven unit that allows Abbeylix hotel to serve authentic, wood-fired pizzas and burgers! The unit was built to fit a coffee machine and fridge to store all their lovely cakes! Polly’s proudly support Irish charities such as Irish Cancer Society and raised funds during Daffodil Day.
This well known hotel has found many different uses for our unit! This beautiful airstream is now used as a cocktail and gin bar, coffee and food trailer and is also used during wedding events! It covers many streams of income and is a very flexible and practical addition to the hotel offerings.
The Adare Manor
This 5 star hotel and golf course use the retro-styled food truck as a takeaway street-food unit. The trailer was built to accommodate a wide menu ranging from gourmet burgers, pizzas, tacos, rolls, salads, fries, ice-cream, desserts and much more!
How can Reward Catering help your hospitality business?
We have extensive experience in manufacturing custom built trucks and trailers. We will discuss in detail the requirements for your individual project and advise you on the best suited unit and internal equipment. We are a one stop solution so we take care of sourcing and supplying the trailer with all appliances necessary.
Sky’s the limit in terms of what you can do with a catering unit! We have made food trucks for many different clients and have covered projects such as: coffee trailers, pizza trailers, fish and chips trailers, Thai food, muffins and pastries, ice cream trailers, seafood trailers, healthy smoothies, prosecco bars, gin bars, cocktail bars and many more! So whatever your vision is, we can make it happen!
Learn more with our free resources!
Decades ago, street food was once popular in Europe. It wasn’t until proper restaurants were created that street food vendors found their business to decline dramatically. Everyone, suddenly, seemed to value sitting down for a gourmet style meal more than a fast and tasty alternative. This trend could be observed in many countries within Europe, […]
VINTAGE FOOD TRUCKS IN IRELAND The mobile food truck business is experiencing rapid growth as people now opt for a quick on the go, inexpensive and delicious service. Whether you’re in Belfast, Dublin, Wicklow, Kildare, Meath, Galway or Cork; your food truck business is bound to sell in a consumer driven market. There are a […]
There is no denying that today’s day and age celebrates food trucks like nothing else. Just this past year, the food tuck industry was able to generate 1 billion dollars in profits –making it one of the most lucrative businesses within the food industry. The reality of today is such that many people have adjusted […]
Promotion is one of the most important aspects for the success of a business. It is one of the 4Ps that make up the marketing mix. Some might even argue that it is the most important element of the marketing mix. This is true because of the fact that there can be no sales unless […]
Food is a universal language. Many people who have differences of backgrounds, of cultures and of history, come together for food. There is no better peace-maker than food and it is something that has the power to unite even the greatest enemies. There are different types of food and dining experiences that are popular in […]
Investing in food trucks, whether they are produced by Air Stream, Citroen, HY, VW or Piaggio Apes, comes with a plethora of questions and doubts. Many people ponder on whether such an investment is a smart decision Here is a compiled list of questions that most have in regards to the profitability of food trucks: […]
Mobile catering has seen an increase in popularity in recent years with more and more food trucks and catering trailers popping up every year in Ireland, UK and worldwide. They have great potential to capitalise on the popularity of street food and make a profitable catering business. Mobile catering and food truck businesses have the advantage of […]
Every business owner has the potential to expand. Whether you are a multiple business owner or just want to change location, you should be finding ways beyond the normal to help grow your business. The food truck industry is consistently growing and is now becoming a popular way of expanding your business. Food concession trailers are in high […]
In order to start your own food truck business there are many steps involved that cannot be omitted. If you dream of starting your first mobile catering venture this guide will help you get started and familiarize yourself with the process. Food Safety Authority Ireland Checklist First and foremost your food business must be registered […]
Wearing different hats as a business owner Being a food truck owner means you have to wear many different hats! One of the roles you need to deeply think about is how you will market your food truck business and create a brand identity that will attract your target market. Why is brand identity so […]
Food trucks and trailers are everywhere and have gained a lot of popularity among business owners and managers during the last 2 years in the midst of the current Covid-19 pandemic struggles. One of the key and currently crucial benefits is that you can use a trailer as an outdoor solution and trade all year […]
You may wonder why it is worth considering targeting millennials with your food truck business and what is unique about this generation of consumers. Anyone born between 1981 and 1996 is considered a millennial, meaning people from 25 to 40 years of age. This age group has disposable income and is more likely to purchase […]
It’s time to get your food truck ready for Halloween 2021! It is certainly a time awaited by many children and young people in Ireland. By this time more of the Covid-19 restrictions will be loosened and people will be feeling more comfortable and safer to go out. Due to a long time spent with […]